Angels News

www.espn.com - MLB

Angels Twitter verified

Twitter Search / Angels

ANGELS RADIO 830am

Sunday, March 17, 2013

picture i took of george foster

*3/17/13 I TALKED TO GEORGE FOSTER,FORMER  CINCI REDS, ...got a signed photo of him (for $10)...I asked him about frank pastore..he remembered playing with frank...& was aware of his tragic motorcycle accident..and his "Christian radio show"...I didn't turn the video camera on in time to capture his comments (did get a photo )  as I was leaving I asked him if he thinks pete rose should be allowed back in and he said "He should be reinstated and be in the hall-of-fame". This is at a cactus league  spring training game, phoenix area, goodyear ballpark, indians v reds.Foster is in the reds hall-of-fame, but not yet the mlb hall-of-fame. Should he be? He had some great years with the reds, & has the world series rings. I remember watching the "big red machine" as I was growing up in the 70's,in 1977 I was 10 years old. They had a cast of players that is legendary...pete rose, johnny bench, joe morgan, goerge foster, & the list goes on... privilege to talk to george..hope all is well for him & his family.